CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

World of Warcraft


Many of you might of heard of the game World of Warcraft. My little brother plays and he got me into it. At first it looked really stupid. Like why would I ever want to play this stupid looking game for $15 a month? After weeks of my brother begging me to try it I finally sat down and got feel of it and learned how to do everything. The game got really exciting for me. Maybe even too exciting. This game is a very popular MMORPGs (Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Games), created by Blizzard entertainment, and it is known for being extremely addicting. You strive to train your character to make him/her stronger, more advanced. As your character advances, his or her progress begins to slow. It takes longer and longer to get to the next level, because you need more and more experience points each time. You feel compelled to continue because at when you get to a new level you get a really cool spell or other ability that's supposed to make the game more fun. The game is designed to make you play as much as possible. Dr. Orzack, who is the founder and coordinator of the Computer Addiction Service, says “This isn't about willpower or restraint,” she said in an interview. “These games are very elaborately designed to ease you in gently, entice you, and keep you there. And it’s a cycle: people begin to spend too much time playing and their careers and personal relationships begin to deteriorate.” I think that this is really scary. People have to worry about being addicted to a video game just like they have to worry about becoming addicted to cigarettes or drugs. Maybe it would be a good idea if these kinds of games came with warning label just like cigarette boxes have warning labels. I know if I didn’t go to school, or have a job, or a life I would be sitting home playing this game. Its going to be a great summer! I should of listened to that guy at best buy who told me not to buy it.
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060809-7459.html

0 comments: