CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

My New Pet




I got this Green Iguana a couple of weeks ago from my friend who was moving to Florida and couldn’t take it with her. She was very upset but knew I would be able to take care of it good. She had it in a 20 gallon take which was clearly too small for the lizard who is about 3 and a half to 4 feet long, so I went to the store and the guy said that a big rabbit cage would be perfect for it. Green Iguanas can average around 6.5 feet in length and weigh about 11 pounds. They are also among the most popular reptile pets in the United States, despite being quite difficult to care for properly. In fact, most captive iguanas die within the first year, and many are either turned loose by their owners or given to reptile rescue groups. Unlike my bearded dragons the iguana is a herbivore, which means they feeding on leaves, flowers, and fruit. She has a strong jaw with razor-sharp teeth and a sharp tail, which makes up half of her body length. Her tail can be used as a whip to drive off predators. She is really very sweet, until she tries to whip my dog. She taught Cocoa (my dog) a valuable lesson, stay away from the iguana!

0 comments: