CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Subliminal Messages


In my psychology class last year we talked a lot about subliminal messages in Disney movies. Why? I don’t really know, but what is a subliminal message? It’s something in a movie that you don’t really notice unless it is pointed out. These messages are indiscernible by the conscious mind, but can affect the subconscious or deeper mind and later actions or attitudes. For over 10 years people have argued that there are hidden sexual subliminal messages in Disney movies. I watched the movies myself to see what the deal was and there was hidden sexual things that I wouldn’t have noticed if nobody told me about it. In Aladdin he allegedly says "Good teenagers take off your clothes!!" at the part where he goes up to her balcony and the tiger is growling at him. Also in the lion king where Simba lies down in this little pile of dust and the dust blows up and spells out "sex". Disney claims that it says “SFX” which supposedly means special effects, but you can clearly see the word “sex”. There is a lot of other ones too in different Disney movies. I think it’s kind of creepy.

0 comments: